Junior Tennis Coaching, Oxted, Surrey
The junior tennis coaching programme at Matchpoint Tennis Club aims to provide every young tennis player with more opportunities to play, compete and learn tennis at the appropriate level.
Junior Tennis Coaching a Matchpoint
The junior coaching programme at Matchpoint Tennis Club in Oxted Surrey aims to provide every young tennis player with more opportunities to play, compete and learn tennis at the appropriate level. Our junior tennis coaching is hugely committed in helping our young members to get the most from their tennis experience whether through energetic fun sessions or recognising and mentoring players to maximise their on court performance.
We have a very strong junior tennis coaching programme with hundreds of talented children taking part in:
- One-to-one tennis coaching
- Junior squad tennis coaching
- Term time tennis coaching
- Holiday time tennis coaching
Our junior tennis coaching programmes
- Tots-Tennis Programme - is aimed at reception children and is based on teaching the fundamental areas of balance, co-ordination, agility, movement and racket and ball skills and the necessary social skills for inter-action and co-operation.
- Mini-Tennis Red Programme - for year 1 and 2 pupils with sponge balls. Learn to serve, rally and score with a slow ball, as well as learning the movement and co-ordination skills needed for tennis. Players are encouraged to play fun competitions in teams and as individuals and begin understanding the importance of responsibility.
- Mini-Tennis Orange Programme - for years 3 and 4 pupils taking place on the courts on ¾ of a full court with low compression orange balls. Develop a rounded game, learning a range of techniques and tactics. Players are encouraged to play in team and individual competitions and may be experiencing and coping with real challenge for the first time.
- Mini Tennis Green Programme - for years 5 and 6 pupils on full sized courts with low compression green balls. Learning to put techniques and tactics into practice, players are encouraged to play in team and individual competitions. Respect for the opponent and the rules of competition will be highlighted.
In addition to all the above, we also run a comprehensive outreach programme, coaching children at many schools in the local area.
Our junior tennis coaching team
Our LTA certified junior tennis coaching staff are some of the best across both Surrey and Kent, bringing a wealth of hand on experience and technical know-how to junior tennis.
Graeme Livingstone - LTA Master Performance Coach Level 5 qualified
Jon Prenelle - Certified PTR & USPTA Elite professional and LTA Level 4 qualified
Phil Gridley - LTA qualified Level 3
Book Junior Tennis Coaching
To book a place on one of our weekly junior squads or an individual lesson, please contact Graeme on 07958572745, or email email@example.com